Saturday, July 31, 2010

Everyday Life

There are things in life that are considered "everyday" like being plagued by beggars on the street, climbing stairs to class, texting a friend when bored, eating a hurried breakfast, the list can go on forever...yet all these everyday things that we consider mundane and unimportant shape the life we live..thus are MOST important. I am not saying "we must wake up with a spring in our step and cherish the very breath we take and appreciate the beauty of each flower.. blah blah blah" cause honestly that doesn't happen and if people did it, it would be annoyingly cheerful. can't stand people like that. What I am trying to say is that it is within these very activities that meaningful things happen. Like the one lone man in tatters you might see playing the flute with touching notes, another homeless person like so many we see each day but that one man you can never forget, like meeting someone while rushing up the stairs to class who ends up becoming a friend, like that one random text from someone special that may make your day or simply dad making you breakfast for a change cause you are running late..who says dads can't show emotion? you just have to look for it.
I don't know if I have managed to make my point because my thoughts themselves are rather vague but I suppose i could sum it up by saying - pay a little bit of attention to your everyday life...it is what life is really all about. =)

p.s. would you look at THAT! I CAN be a tad emotional

No comments:

Post a Comment